If you love to Weld, we have a spot for you …
Are you an experienced Robotic welder/fitter who is looking for interesting work? Titan Trailers might just be the fit for you! We can offer long term, steady work that won’t have you bored to tears! We make amazing, custom trailers which means that you won’t be sitting around welding the same thing all day, everyday. We are a family owned and run business and we care about our people. Our shop operates mostly on a straight day shift and we can also offer over time hours which is nice on the pay cheque and still allows you to be home eating dinner with your family. We have high-end equipment and we make a very high-end product. You’ll be proud when you are driving down the street and you see one of our trailers that YOU helped build. We also offer a competitive compensation package including wages that go up based on your merit and hard work. Does that sound good to you? If so, we look forward to hearing from you!
The position of Robotic Welder/fitter includes fabrication of welded parts for aluminum custom trailers. Candidates will operate Robotic Welders within a weld cell and create parts to satisfy both internal and external customer requirements. The use of various hand tools, machinery and equipment will be required. Additionally the Robotic Welder/Fitter will be required to read and understand production drawings, blueprints, work orders and other written instructions.
- Read and interpret blueprints or welding process specifications.
- Operate welding robots to run parts required for Titan production schedule
- Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments using gas metal arc welding as required.
- Maintain safe work practices.
- Assist in training, of junior employees and apprentices and inspecting their work.
- Ensure accuracy and completion of assigned tasks and projects.
- Other assigned work as required
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent.
- 2 years’ experience as a Robotic Welder preferred.
- Experience operating Robotic Welders in a custom manufacturing environment an asset
- Ability to weld aluminum a definite asset
- Ability to read and understand blueprints required
- Willing to work overtime as required
- Must own reliable transportation and hold a valid driver’s license
- Ability to work independently in a busy environment.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- Physical ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- Travel to off-site locations may be required.
- Safety equipment will be required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.
- Extremely busy environment – must be able to work with little supervision
- Must be able to stay focused on the task at hand
- Overtime as required.
- Hazards associated with the trade.
What We Can Offer You
- Progressive health and safety program
- Interesting and challenging work
- Opportunity to support the build of the best trailers in the business
- Competitive Wages and RRSP Matching Program
- Skills development and training
- Company paid healthcare benefits and Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP)
The starting wage for this position is dependent on experience and training. Upon successful completion of a 6-month probationary period the candidate will be eligible to take part in our benefits package, including health, dental, life insurance, Group RRSP and clothing/safety shoe program.
Titan Trailers Inc. strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources for assistance.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. To all others, thank you for your interest in Titan Trailers and best of luck with your job search.