Patten Company is a privately owned, small business located in Lake Worth, Florida with other parent company offices in the US, Canada and UK. Our organization has focus on the design and manufacturing of marine life-saving equipment including life rafts and other inflatable structures. Our mission is to deliver confidence on the water and we have provided life-saving products and solutions for all three commercial crew space mission partners, US Defense, and search and rescue sectors.
Why work for us?
A career at Patten Company is a journey of personal growth, development, and a place where someone can combine their passions with a deep purpose. Those who join us will be given plenty of opportunities to continuously hone their skills and abilities. Make no mistake, Patten Company will challenge you, but those who choose to join us, will work alongside some of the most dedicated and innovative people.
We are looking for a skilled Rotary Heat Welder to join plastic materials at our facilities. A welder must be competent in using equipment and following all safety precautions. The ideal candidate will have a steady hand and great attention to detail.
- Read blueprints and drawings and take or read measurements to plan layout and procedures
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements
- Set up components for welding according to specifications
- Align components using calipers, rulers etc. and clamp pieces
- Weld components using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions (vertical, horizontal or overhead)
- Repair machinery and other components by welding pieces and filling gaps
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structure to discover flaws
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety
- Proven experience as welder
- Experience using a variety of welding equipment and procedures (TIG, MMA etc.)
- Experience in using electrical or manual tools (saws, squares, calipers etc.)
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings
- Knowledge of relative safety standards and willingness to use protective clothing (face-shield, gloves etc.)
- Attention to detail
- Blingual, English-Spanish A+
- Professional Certification (e.g. an AWS welding certificate) will be a plus
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.00 – $15.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Lake Worth, FL 33461: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Welders & Fabricators: 3 years (Preferred)
- Welding: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location