Appalachian Railcar Services, LLC in Roxoro is currently seeking candidates to fill our open Railcar Mechanic positions.
A Railcar Mechanic completes repairs to rail cars which also includes welding.
We offer our team members:
- $16/hour with room to grow for
- Full Health and Dental Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Paid on the Job Training
A Railcar Mechanic at this facility will be responsible for all aspects of railcar repair and maintenance. The team member must be able to read and understand blueprints, make car repairs in compliance with FRA and AAR rules and keep good repair records. As well as, ensuring all company guidelines and safety rules are followed and met while performing job duties.
- Interpret job work orders to perform required repairs
- Coordinate and complete repairs in an efficient manner and within assigned hours
- Notify supervisor of any materials and/or equipment required to ensure completion of job tasks
- Interact with crew members in a team environment, as well as with supervisor
- Follow all safety rules, keep work area clean and comply with all ARS Environmental Health and Safety Policies
- Ensure AAR, ARS and customer quality assurance standards are met
- Any other duties as assigned such special projects
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read and write English at a high school level
- Work in hot and cold environment, in and out of the weather; work safely around heavy equipment and on top of and under railcars, as well as around railroad tracks.
- Knowledge of machines and tools required to weld, cut and gouge
- Perform/ prioritize multiple tasks with attention to details.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions including basic blue prints and schematics.
- Basic mechanical skills and the ability to read a tape measure
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including but not limited to steel toed boots, eye protection, ear plugs, gloves, hot work PPE, and fall protection.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Welding: 1 year (Preferred)