At Eclipse, we combine know-how in production, manufacturing and distribution to provide custom state-of-the-art automated solutions worldwide. We service the Life Science, Transportation, Energy, Consumer, Electronics and Industrial markets. Eclipse has 14 facilities in Canada, the United States and Europe.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Fabrication Plant Manager, the Sandblaster-Fabrication Helper will sandblast equipment in order for the painter to apply protective coatings and paints to fabricated structural steel material. The incumbent will liaise directly with other department personnel to ensure project goals are met on budget, while delivering the Eclipse Vision and the Eclipse Entrepreneurial Culture.
- Knowledge of masking requirements for machined surfaces prior to both blasting and painting processes
- Ability to use abrasive-blasting equipment in a safe manner
- Demonstrated ability to consistently maintain a high productivity level with a high commitment and flexibility to achieve business goals Team player with effective communication and interpersonal skills and able to work collaboratively
- Knowledge on prepping material prior to blast and paint.
- Masks specified areas of components to protect machined surfaces
- Loads parts into blast booth as required
- Manually blasts parts to specification required
- Examine finished parts to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Assist the painter where necessary.
- Ability to work in a team environment and actively participate in group meetings safely
- Ensure scheduled milestones are met
- Notify the appropriate departments if milestones are not met
- Adhere to the Eclipse Project Operating Policy
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule including weekends and or travel as required in varying timelines
- Maintain good corporate citizen role in support of the Eclipse corporate Vision
- Ensure that all business activities are performed with the highest ethical standards and in compliance with the Eclipse Automation Inc. Conduct Code
- Foster the development of a culture reflective of the core values of the business
- High School Diploma or GED
- Proven ability to learn
- Must be physically fit and able to lift 50 lbs
- Solid Works knowledge is an asset
- Ability to read blueprints an asset
This position is open for Eclipse HQ in Cambridge, Ontario.
Eclipse is an AODA compliant organization, and accommodations are available upon request.
We support an environment where teams work together and where people can learn, grow, and thrive.