Open to both Internal and external
Posting In effect from
Closing Application Date
Applications will be reviewed commencing the closing application date and may continue until the position is filled.
Vocational Trades(max 850 hrs)
Anticipated Start Date
Position End Date (If Applicable)
TRU’s Williams Lake campus is located in the small city that is the heart of the Cariboo. Enjoy four seasons of outdoor adventures, a region rich in history and a friendly, close-knit campus community of nearly 1,800 students.
To instruct all theoretical and practical aspects of the Welder Foundation and/or Apprenticeship Program in order to meet the outcomes according to the Program Outline as per the Industry Training Authority of BC.
Please note: In alignment with TRU policies and practices in light of the COVID-19 pandemic, this Winter 2021course will be offered in alternate modes of delivery rather than face-to-face where ever possible.
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Served in a recognized apprenticeship program
- Inter-provincial Red Seal Qualification Welding
- Current PWP #7 and #10 certification
- Minimum 5 years’ post certification experience
- Wide variety of hands on work experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, email, Internet)
- Ability to use a Learning Management system (Moodle or equivalent)
- Provincial Instructor’s Diploma Certification or equivalent
- Previous teaching experience
- Supervisory experience
- Ability to work as a team member
Please Note: If you are selected for interview, External Candidates will be required to bring a copy of their transcripts to the interview
According to TRUFA Salary Schedule
Williams Lake, BC CA (Primary)
Thompson Rivers University -> Williams Lake Campus -> Entry Level Trades Training (WL)
Diversity and Inclusion Commitment:
Thompson Rivers University is strongly committed to fostering diversity within our community. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff, our faculty and its scholarship including, but not limited to, women, visible minorities, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Please note that all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however applications from Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
NOTE: To learn more about living in Kamloops and Thompson Rivers University please visit our Web Site. and follow the links on the Left “Why Work at TRU” or “Why Live in Kamloops”