About our company.
National Fire Fabrication Ltd. is a full pipe fabricator for the fire protection industry. We prepare, cut, and test products for installing contractors in the new construction building and retrofit markets since 2006.
We are looking for an energetic and reliable Fabricator to support our operations.
To prepare steel pipes for use in building/warehouse sprinkler systems.
Hours of work are from 7:30 am to 4:00 pm Monday through Friday (hours subject to change during the day shift). The worker receives two 10 minutes schedule breaks and 30 minutes meal breaks each shift.
Main job responsibilities.
- Forklift Operation (pipe bundle relocation).
- Spraying pipe (red outlet & white outside outlet)
- Strapping and banding.
- Removing coupons from inside the pipe (check for any red dye for leaks)
Cutting & threading tasks.
- Pulling pipe onto the bench table & measuring pipe.
- Pulling pipe onto the cutter machine.
- Pulling pipe onto the table fold threading.
- Lifting and placing pipe onto the make-on machine (make fitting).
- Placing fitting onto the pipe.
- Lifting pipe onto the rack.
- Picking up with forklift onto the pipe buggy.
- Making bundles.
- Threading and grooving nipples.
- Operating forklift to unload/load and shipping pipe.
- Ensuring quality standards.
- Meeting project time frames.
- Blueprint interpretation for estimation and fabrication purposes.
- Assist in preparing orders for distribution when required (Boxing/Bagging).
- Assist with Inventory control counts.
- Assist in training new employees if required.
- Perform other warehouse duties as assigned by management when required.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Specialized certification preferred.
- Forklift certification.
- Proficiency in operating heavy machinery.
- Excellent eyesight and color vision.
- Good dexterity.
- Attention to detail.
- Good organizational skills.
- Physical stamina.
- Ability to lift or move between 20 lbs. & 70 lbs. multiple times a day.
- Frequent standing, walking, bending, kneeling, and crouching.
- Pushing and pulling pipes.
- Use of several machines and equipment including band saws, threads, cutters, groves, and fitters.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
By applying to this position, you are confirming you possess either Canadian Citizenship, Permanent Residence Status, or a valid work permit.
Reference ID: FAB 0621
Job Type: Full-time
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
To keep our employees as safe as possible we have modified our work practices, providing masks, gloves, and hand sanitizer to our employees, social distancing, hand washing, and mandatory use of masks in all common areas.
- Are you residing in Mississauga ON?
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (preferred)
- Forklift: 2 years (preferred)
- Threading & Grooving: 2 years (preferred)
- Forklift License (preferred)