Company: DKS Design Inc
Location: Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Status: Full-time, Permanent
DKS Design Inc is a CWB certified manufacturing company located in Kingston, Ontario. We are currently looking to add a Metal Shop Foreman/Metal Fabricator to our team. The Shop Foreman is responsible for the smooth and safe operation of our team, including planning and supervising day-to-day manufacturing operations and meeting and/or exceeding production targets of productivity, efficiency, and quality.
DKS Design specializes in structural steel fabrication and custom metal fabrication for both residential and commercial applications. We provide a full range of metal fabrication services, including design, customization, creation, and installation of the finished product.
- Previous experience in a Supervisory or Leadership position (Sheet Metal or custom metal fabrication environment) is required to be considered for this position.
Minimum of 3-5 years experience preferred
- Driven, career-orientated individual
- Act as coach, leader and supervisor – must have excellent team leadership and training skills
- Communicating with other employees and supervisors, as required
- Must be able to analyze and interpret engineering drawings
- Must be able to use multiple machines (shear, bend, grinders, cranes, etc)
- Must be able to adhere to safety procedures and be safety conscious.
- Passionate about cleanliness, organization and doing it right the first time
- Fluent in English with excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License
- Oversee and organize fabrication activities
- Ensure consistent quality of fabrication and productivity
- Plan work proactively to minimize set-ups and set-up times.
- Plan sheet utilization to minimize scrap
- Be hands-on, when needed, with fabrication and assembly of multiple metal configurations and materials
- Monday to Thursday – 7:00 am-4:30 pm
- Friday – 7:00 am to 12:00 noon,
- Overtime hours may occasionally be requested by the employer.
- Salary to be determined based on experience.
- Groups Benefits Package (eligible after 3-month trial period)
- Extended Health Care
- Emergency Travel Assistance
- Dental Care
- Life Coverage
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume to [email protected]
DKS Design Inc would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
DKS Design Inc is an equal opportunity employer.