Special Alloy Fabricators (SAF) is a custom manufacturer of industrial valves and related products. SAF has a rich history and is dedicated to future growth. We have an immediate need for a Shop Helper to join the team. In this role, we are looking for the right attitude! The Shop Helper is a key member of the SAF team; supporting the shop team by assisting, preparing and maintaining different shop components as required. This role is a great opportunity to join a small company with a hardworking team.
- Stay calm, ‘roll with the punches’ and adapt to frequent changes and roadblocks
- Work independently, proactively and able to prioritize
- Be a team player with a positive attitude
- A technical/mechanical aptitude is considered an asset.
Description of Position
Support from the Shop Helper is a really important piece for a successful shop.
- Assist welders & fabricators; sanding, grinding, & cleaning materials
- Prepare steel for painting; spray painting parts and equipment
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, and to work safely with others.
- Maintenance of shop equipment and shop clean-up Job
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.00-$21.00 per hour
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday