Work within the container and chassis repair facility to support customer equipment repairs on containers, chassis, trailers and all other associated intermodal equipment. Perform structural repairs as necessary to company equipment as well as fabricate special project items as required.
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance on all shipping containers and chassis using IICL standards as a guide.
- Welding and cutting during routine and extensive repair of containers and chassis in accordance with proper procedures set forth by DOT, OSHA, & IICL.
- Cutting and measuring; working with power tools both pneumatic and electrical.
- Measuring and gauge damage for estimate and reparability, complete work orders, complete inspection paperwork in accordance with IICL.
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance on all support equipment as assigned
- Chassis maintenance
Must possess a valid driver’s license and a 3 year driving history that is acceptable to our auto insurance carrier.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and associate may also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by the supervisor and other management as required.
- Must achieve and maintain either chassis or container IICL certification
- Pass an extensive background check.
- Must maintain a valid State driver license.
- Must be able to successfully pass a drug screen and DOT physical.
- Must have excellent communication skills, above average hand eye coordination.
- Use of basic hand tools.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Certified welder.
- Proper use of hand and mechanical tools of the trade.
- TWIC card
- IICL Certification.
- Safe operation of various types of heavy and light maritime and maintenance equipment.
- Relevant computer hardware and software applications.
- Basic arithmetic function (add, subtract, multiply and divide)
- 3-5 experience welding/ fabrication technology with emphasis on structural welding, weld theory.
- Valid Forklift Operators Certificate.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Minimum Physical Requirements: Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, handle objects, reach with hands and arms and write, talk, type and hear. Associate is occasionally required to stand, stoop, bend and/or kneel and lift and or move up to 35 lbs. Associate is typically in an outdoor environment and will occasionally be required to work in adverse weather conditions.