Onsite3D Ltd. Local Red Deer Fabrication Shop is actively seeking a Journeyman Welder – By Hand (Employee or Contractor) Stainless Wire Welder with F-6 RMD F-6 fill cap. Tig experience an asset.
This position operates:
· Monday to Friday – overtime & weekends as needed
· Shift: 7:00AM to 5:30PM – 10 Hour Days
· Benefits (after completion of probationary period)
· Full-time permanent (after completion of probationary period)
· Capable of setting up workstation and all associated tools
· Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment – Working with a spool welding robot (SWR)
· Tack and welding procedures
· Have the ability to inspect welds to maintain quality and reduce rework
· Read and interpret drawings or welding process specifications
· Continuous learner within and beyond their own work area
· Able to stand for long periods of time and be able to do the heavy lifting
· Able to perform basic math problems
· Able to work with minimum supervision
· Able to follow all safety procedures and wear all PPE apparel required for the job
· Responsible for maintaining the integrity of programs, fixtures, and tooling
· Ability to operate other equipment in the weld shop, operate hand tools
· Other duties as assigned
· Weld in various positions (vertical, horizontal, overhead etc)
· Ensure all products adhere to the production specifications of the customer
· Read a tape measure to take critical measurements
· Maintain safe work practices
· Conduct repairs, modifications or retrofits
· Assist in training & mentoring newer employees
· Maintain a clean and safe work environment i.e. work station, lunch area etc.
· Present a professional image of Onsite3D Ltd., and a personal commitment to the safety and well being of all employees.
· Report any hazards to the Shop Manager or Supervisor immediately so corrective action can be taken.
· Support the Health & Safety Program
· Practice safe and proper use of machinery and tools
· Canadian Journeyman or Red Seal certification or equivalent required (ability to achieve Canadian certification is required).
· Must be capable/ticketed for the following: ( Mig Root, SMAW fill and cap,Tig or Wire for Stainless Steel, FCAW CWB All Positions)
· Minimum 5+ years experience with welding.
· Ability to work independently or as part of a team, supporting apprentices as required.
· Good mathematical, scientific, mechanical and logical reasoning abilities.
· Good communication and reading skills.
Safety Tickets: H2S, Standard First Aid, CSTS
Not mandatory but would be considered an asset: Fall Protection; Confined Space Entry; Aerial Work Platform; and other site-specific tickets.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- 10 hour shift
- Welding: 5 years (Required)
- stainless : 5 years (Required)