Shop Welder/Fitter – (2004112)
- Lay out, positions, and secures parts and assemblies according to specifications, using straightedge, combination square, calipers, and ruler
- Tack-welds or welds on components and assemblies, using electric, arc gouging, or other welding equipment.
- Cuts workpiece, using powered oxy fuel hand torch.
- Installs and repairs fabricated parts into shop assemblies
- Removes rough spots from workpiece, using portable grinder, or scraper.
- Welds components in flat, vertical, horizontal or overhead positions.( at times under pre-heat conditions )
- Analyzes engineering drawings and specifications to plan layout, assembly, and welding operations
- Develops templates and other work aids to hold and align parts
- Determines required equipment and welding method, applying knowledge of metallurgy, geometry, and welding techniques
- Handling and Moving Objects – Using shop safety handling practice, installing, positioning, and moving materials, and manipulating things.
- Inspecting Equipment, Structures, or Material – Inspecting equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.
- Equipment Selection – Determining the kind of hand tools only and equipment needed to do a job.
- Repairing machines or systems using the needed tools (non electrical)
- . Arm-Hand Steadiness – The ability to keep your hand and arm steady while moving your arm or while holding your arm and hand in one position..
- Written Comprehension – The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing
- Extent Flexibility – The ability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with your body, arms, and/or legs.
- Near Vision – The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer)18) Information comprehension – The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
- Mathematical Reasoning – The ability to choose the right mathematical methods or formulas to solve a problem.
- Mechanical – Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
- Drawing reading– Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
NP=Not Present, O=Occasionally (0-33%), F=Frequently (34-66%), C=Constantly (67-100%)
McDermott is a premier, fully-integrated provider of technology, engineering and construction solutions to the energy industry. For more than a century, customers have trusted McDermott to design and build end-to-end infrastructure and technology solutions—from the wellhead to the storage tank—to transport and transform oil and gas into the products the world needs today.
Primary Location: USA-Texas-Houston
Job: Shop Welder
Employee Status: Direct / Regular
Job Posting: Nov 16, 2020, 8:14:31 AM