Blue Mountain Resort is the leading snowmaking resort in the area. The snowmaking department is primarily responsible for providing the snow base for the timely opening of Blue Mountain Resort’s skiable terrain for the ultimate guest experience. Thereafter, the snow base and snow quality are to be continually monitored and maintained to provide consistent and predictable ski conditions. The system must be kept in sound operating condition for the above to be achieved therefore the importance of having a welder on staff who can quickly repair leaks during the winter, complete preventive maintenance in the summer and assist in expansion of the system when necessary.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?
- Full Time Hours, Year Round
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Resort perks:
- Discounted recreation tickets you can share with your friends. Let them enjoy the zip lines, ropes courses and mountain coaster!
- Retail savings at Columbia, North Face, Red Devil, Hillside, Lifted and more
- Staff room rates at all our hotels
- In winter monitor snowmaking equipment both on-hill and in-house from snowmaking guns to pumps to air compressors (making necessary adjustments due to weather conditions and other factors).
- Monitor control center – updating and making changes as necessary (more frequently in winter).
- Perform maintenance, both general and preventative work, on the snowmaking system both winter and summer, including welding and other maintenance duties.
- Actively participate in making changes to snowmaking infrastructure and expansion.
- Navigate the property on a snowmobile and/or other utility vehicles in accordance with BMR policy.
- Perform duties in departments outside of Snowmaking as required (including both welding and non-welding tasks).
- Stick or Shield Metal Arc Welding (SMAW) – Mandatory ( test and pass TSSA Certification on annual basis)
- MIG or TIG (GMAW/GTAW) both Mild Steel and Aluminum – Asset.
- Pipe Fitting and Cutting Experience.
- Mechanically inclined.
- Must be over the age of 21 (for vehicle insurance purposes).
- Self-motivated, strong performer and professional manner.
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- Able to positively interact with teammates and other departments.
- Prepared to work in all outdoor conditions.
- Must be detail oriented and safety conscious.
BLUE MOUNTAIN RESORT COMPANY OVERVIEW
Blue Mountain Resort is Ontario’s largest mountain resort. Nestled on the shores of Southern Georgian Bay and only 90 minutes outside Toronto, Blue Mountain has become the four-season outdoor destination of the North. Winter at the Resort boasts 43 ski and snowboard trails across 365 skiable acres, enhanced by a world-class snowmaking system. Summer months offer a variety of activities from golfing and high ropes, to zip-lining and coaster riding. At the base of the Mountain, guests can enjoy a stay in one of the 1,000 luxury accommodation units and experience an assortment of unique concept restaurants, bars and retail stores in the pedestrian Village. With 53,000 square feet of state-of-the-art conference space, Blue Mountain caters year-round to groups and special events. Blue Mountain is owned by Alterra Mountain Company. Visit www.bluemountain.ca for more information.
ALTERRA COMPANY OVERVIEW
Alterra Mountain Company is a family of 15 iconic year-round destinations, including the world’s largest heli-ski operation, offering the Ikon Pass, the new standard in season passes. The company owns and operates a range of recreation, hospitality, real estate development, food and beverage, retail and service businesses. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with destinations across the continent, Alterra Mountain Company is rooted in the spirit of the mountains and united by a passion for outdoor adventure. Alterra Mountain Company’s family of diverse playgrounds spans six U.S. states and three Canadian provinces: Steamboat and Winter Park Resort in Colorado; Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, June Mountain and Big Bear Mountain Resort in California; Stratton and Sugarbush Resort in Vermont; Snowshoe in West Virginia; Tremblant in Quebec, Blue Mountain in Ontario; Crystal Mountain in Washington; Deer Valley Resort and Solitude Mountain Resort in Utah; and CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures in British Columbia. Also included in the portfolio is Alpine Aerotech, a worldwide helicopter support and maintenance service center in British Columbia, Canada. Alterra Mountain Company honors each destination’s unique character and authenticity and celebrates the legendary adventures and enduring memories they bring to everyone. For more information, please visit www.alterramtnco.com.
Blue Mountain Resort is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and inclusiveness across the organization. We believe in equal opportunity and it is our priority to ensure a barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If you are contacted for a position, please notify Human Resources of any accommodation needs you may have during the selection process. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.