Since 1981, Furnace and Tube Service, Inc. has provided the most complete repair, rebuild, upgrade, and turnaround services on boilers and process furnaces; servicing the chemical, petro-chemical, wood products and paper industry and power generating plants along the Gulf Coast region. Our turnkey capabilities along with our 24-hour emergency response makes us the most effective SINGLE SOURCE/VALUE-ADDED SERVICE contractor for your process heat requirements.
- This is an hourly position, Furnace and Tube is a 24/7 emergency response and Turnaround company so working hours per week and start time may vary each day depending each job.
- FTS offers full benefits, competitive salary, and vacation package for this position.
- Job Type: Temporary to Full-time
- Pay: TBD based on level of experience
- Would potentially like to use as foreman/supervisor on projects. Experience is preferred.
- Employee must be able to weld in restricted areas and or position and be able to mirror weld also.
- Employee must be able to weld stick, mig, and tig in all position and alloys: non -restricted and also pass a 6G restricted pipe test, GTAW and SMAW.
- Employee must be able to draw and or fit from ISO’s with rolling offsets.
- Employee must be able to be a lead man over approximately 8-man crew and be able to estimate time schedule and matted take off. ____ Employee must be able to perform precise gouging such as plug removal of drums and headers, back gouge welds and backing strips without damage to base metal.
- Employee must be able to ram plastic on walls with opens without forms, layout and weld anchors, lay brick on arches, and estimate materials and time schedule.
- Employee must be able to fit tubes and butt weld pipe; fit plate around obstructions, and fix formed plate and nozzles on vessels and tanks.
- Employee must have basic print reading ability to get centerlines, sizes, distance and evaluations.
- Employee must knock out at least 10 tube ends from a drum using a chipping gun with a knockout chisel. The holes must only require deburring and cleaning when complete and be able to recognize if tube holes are in need of weld repairs or further.
- Employee must be able to crimp tube ends and roll tubes in steam and mud drum.
- Employee must actively participate in the stabbing of bent boiler tubes in a boiler. Must be able to recognize the top from the bottom and be able to tell the difference in the numeration of the different rows of tubes.
- Employee must set up a complete torch rig, inspect and check for leaks, adjust flame and cut 3 foot or longer straight line in a ¼ inch piece of steel. There must not be excessive slag and the piece cut must either fall off or break off with a light tap of a hammer.
- Employee must successfully tack pieces of boiler casing and structural steel using 6010 and 7018.
- Employee must know the different type of metals.
- Angle iron, channel, flat bar, eye beams, plate thickness etc.
- Must actively participate in fitting casing, angle iron, etc.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Pay: Up to $42.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- mig welding: 5 years (Preferred)
- Welding: 5 years (Preferred)
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- High stress tolerance — thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible