Under close supervision, the Cell Operator will be responsible for assembling and performing quality inspections on various cabinets within a single work cell and must operate using principles of self-balancing flow manufacturing while meeting Bobrick standards of safety, product quality, productivity and policies. The individual needs to constantly upgrade their job skills in keeping with changing technology.
JOB DUTIES & FUNCTIONS:
Read travellers and/or follow verbal instructions to ascertain required equipment and set up
– Select and set up air operated hand tools and fixtures in cell environment
– Check in-coming and out-going materials for quality and quantity
– Prepare necessary documentation as required and report to the department lead
– Produce complete cabinet assemblies utilizing spot/tig welding processes
– Perform moderate amount fitting, aligning and polishing to a diversified line of sheet metal fabricated components,cabinets etc.
– Stack completed product on skids and move to storage
– Monitor and verify that the quality and quantity of work performed meets Bobrick standards
– Maintain a healthy and safe environment by keeping the work area clean, materials positioned correctly and follow safe operating procedures at all times
– Perform daily pre-use inspection checklist on equipment
– Assist with material handling operations
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the interview process.
QUALIFICATIONS and SKILLS:
– High school diploma or general education degree; and 6-12 months in sheet metal manufacturing, including welding and assembly experience in a manufacturing setting
– Self-Balancing flow manufacturing knowledge or experience is preferred
– Ability to read precision measuring instruments and simple shop sketches.
– Experience in quality control; identifying and resolving defects
– Ability to use measuring equipment (caliper, micrometer, etc.
– Good knowledge of shop and safety practices in essential
– Ability to complete simple math problems
– Basic level computer skills
– Must regularly slide and/or move up to 20 pounds, frequently slide and/or move up to 25 pounds
– Good communication skills
– Must be able to work in a team environment
- Competitive Benefit plan including medical, dental and vision coverage, plus sick leave benefits
- Pension Plan enrollment after one year of service
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.85-$22.30 per hour
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
We are responding to COVID-19 by conducting temperature readings and asking screening questions daily upon entry to work. Require masks 100% and practice social distancing. Increased cleaning in common spaces.
- Secondary School (Required)