When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
- Assembles metal components of various gauges and dimensions and spot weld for stress and position, according to design specifications and company quality standards using a resistance spot welder.
- Operated a variety of metal fabrication equipment to cut, bend, shape, and form metal parts according to design specifications and quality standards.
- Performs all duties using required safety procedures and equipment according to company policies and practices.
- Responsible for keeping machines in good working condition by performing daily routine maintenance checks as required.
- Maintains specified department records of set-up time and parts produced.
- Judgment and initiative are required to follow product specifications and maintain company quality standards.
- Reads and interprets product specifications, bill of materials, blueprints and production schedules.
- Selects and assembles specified parts – positioning at welder, in fixtures and/or lay out.
- Spot-weld various components for stress and position using a resistance spot welder.
- Visually inspects product for defects, measures dimensions or makes adjustments as needed to maintain company quality standards and specified tolerances.
- Periodically stress test welds
- Moves products to and from various welding stations.
- Maintains and orders parts as required.
- Makes minor adjustments to parts such as bending, cutting, grinding, and polishing welds.
- Operates and/or assists in the operation of various press equipment.
- Processes specified parts using deburrer, brake press, drill press, punch press, NC turret press, and other related equipment.
- Assist throughout the department as needed to facilitate the flow of work.
- Makes adjustments to the spot welder as needed, to include changing the welding arm, welding tips, welding temperature, hold, squeeze, count etc.
- Completes daily tracking sheets
- Cleans immediate work area.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
How will you get here?
- Requires high school diploma or GED
- Beginner Computer skills or wiliness to learn.
- Ability to frequently lift up to 35 pounds.
- Ability to read, interpret and follow wiring diagrams and blueprints as shown in SOE. Ability to read and differentiate part numbers, labels and work instructions.
- Standing, bending, reaching and handling bulky parts is common to the job.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.