Centrally located in Toronto, Canada, Viscor is a division of Leviton Manufacturing’s Lighting Business Unit operating in Canada for over 60 years.
We are looking for a skilled Spot Welder, Team Lead to set up and operate appropriate welding equipment to join and weld various metals at our manufacturing facility. The team lead will assist in the set up of welding equipment and quality inspection of products for other operators in the department.
We offer a supportive work environment, competitive salary, complete with benefits and opportunities for advancement whenever possible.
Responsibilities will include:
- Read blueprints and drawings
- Determine & set up the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements
- Provide guidance and assist in the assignment of tasks to other operators in the department.
- Align components using calipers, rulers etc. and clamp pieces
- Operate welding equipment to weld meta components using manual welding equipment in various positions
- Inspect welded surfaces and structure to check quality and discover flaws
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety
- Maintain quality of products and processes
- Proven experience as welder
- Experience using a variety of Spot welding equipment and procedures
- Experience in using electrical or manual tools (grinders, deburring tools)
- Experience guiding and leading a team.
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings
- Knowledge of relative safety standards and willingness to use protective clothing (face-shield, gloves etc.)
- Attention to detail
- Proficient in English
- Mig/Tig welding experience is preferred and a definite asset.
Interested applicants may send their resume to Viscor Inc.
Please visit our website: www.viscor.com
Viscor will accommodate the needs of people with disabilities during its recruitment process. If a selected applicant requests an accommodation, Viscor will consult with the applicant and provide or arrange for the provision of, a suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs due to disability.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: 2021-01-31
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $17.00-$20.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Spot Welding: 1 year (Preferred)