*Starting Date: Mid January*
The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of experience in pipe fitting & welding. The primary function of this position will require the candidate to layout, measure, cut, fit, tack and weld stainless steel pipe and fittings with GMAW process. Only local candidates will be contacted for interviews.
You will be responsible for welding, fabricating and assembling stainless steel pipe in accordance with ASME B31.1, B31.3 and CSA B.51 or equivalent in a TSSA certified shop.
Specific functions include, amongst others:
· Reading and interpreting drawings, blueprints, schematics and specifications.
· Calculating individual pipe and fitting dimensions based on overall drawing dimensions.
· Pipe fitting and fabricating with high accuracy within specified tolerances.
· Pipe end preparation via Plasma Arc cutting and grinding.
· Quality control and self inspection.
· Working with minimal supervision
· Welding GMAW and MCAW process with high quality results & specified accuracy as required by ASME BPVC and in accordance with established Company welding procedures.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
· Pipe fitting experience is mandatory. Applicants with no experience will not be considered.
· Two (2) or more years of previous ASME Code welding employment experience in a shop holding ASME Certificate(s) of Authorization preferred.
· Knowledge of welding symbols, procedures and tolerances, fabrication drawings, visual weld inspection and other welding quality assurance procedures
· Minimum two (2) or more years shop experience with welding stainless steel pipe (316 and 304)
· Valid Drivers License
· English Language proficiency (reading, writing, speaking) as well as basic mathematics and trigonometry.
· Energetic personality with positive attitude and good communication skills required.
· Operator Certificate for Counter Balance, Combilift 4 directional and/or narrow aisle forklifts considered an asset.
· Non Destructive Examination (MPI & LPI) considered an asset.
· Supervision experience considered an asset.
· TSSA and/or CWB tickets *Please include current certifications on resume*
Welding Performance Test
You will be required to demonstrate your proficiency by completing a welding performance test in the 5G position with GMAW process as per ASME Section IX welder qualification to obtain TSSA WPQ certificate. Employment is dependent on acquiring WPQ certificate.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Stainless Steel MIG Welding: 2 years (Required)
- Pipefitting: 2 years (Required)