Fitter-Welder must be able to read and interpret detailed shop drawings to facilitate layout and fit-up of bridge and industrial steel fabrications. Must be able to perform FCAW and or GMAW in a spray configuration. All welding is in accordance with AWS D1.1 and D1.5 and performed in a shop environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Must be able to work from detailed shop drawings and schematics.
- Working knowledge of welding procedures (WPS) and how to adjust welding machine and technique to conform.
- Certified to perform hand welding operations on a wide range of metals, ferrous and non-ferrous, of complex assemblies per AWS D1.1 and D1.5.
- Able to weld, layout, cut and fit parts and assemblies per shop drawings.
- Operate band saw, hand grinders, drill presses, punches and drill line.
- Operate all types of hand or semi-automatic electric machines and oxy-acetylene for welding.
- Regulate current, voltage and select proper wire for various types of welding according to individual job requirements.
- Detect unusual conditions or defective material and report to proper supervision.
- Maintain necessary time, quality, quantity and other records.
- Maintain clean and safe work area and equipment as required.
- May be called upon to participate within special work teams performing various team related duties.
- Follow all safety policies and procedures.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions. As well as, the ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- High school Diploma or GED.
- 2-3 years of experience related to welding and fabricating of medium to large fabrications.
- Ability to read and interpret shop drawings.
- Applicant must pass a pre-employment drug screening.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 – $30.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- welding and fabrication of medium to large fabrications: 3 years (Required)
- fitting & welding: 3 years (Required)
- ability to read and interpret shop drawings: 3 years (Required)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Stable — traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma