Position: Steel Fitter / Welder
The Steel Fitter / Welder is responsible for fabricating, assembling, and fitting structural steel while maintaining quality and accuracy in accordance with the drawings provided.
- Fabricating, Assembling, Fitting & Welding Structural Steel according to blueprints
- Rig, hoist and move materials to and from workstation.
- Assemble and fit metal sections and plates using tack welding, bolting or other methods.
- Set up and operate various equipment such as torches, drills, various clamping tools, squares, disc grinders and other handheld tools.
- Ensure safe work practices are followed and appropriate PPE is worn at all times.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Completion of Secondary School
- Completion of 3 year apprenticeship preferred
- 3 years’ experience in a Steel Fab Shop required
Skills, Knowledge, and Competency Requirements
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Ability to read a tape measure in both metric and imperial
- Ability to Operate Overhead Cranes
- Ability to Weld
- Knowledge of Health and Safety procedures
- Organization Skills and the ability to be flexible in managing changing priorities
- Communication Skills – Both Written and Oral
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Analytical and Problem-Solving skills
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Competitive wages
- Benefits offered after 3 months
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Steel Fab Shop: 2 years (required)