STRUCTURAL FITTERS/ WELDERS
FOR SHIPYARD IN CHANNELVIEW, TX.
WEEKLY PAY, OT AVAILABLE.
The Fitter is responsible for the lay out, fit, and fabrication of metal components to assemble structural forms using angle iron, I-beams, and plate steel. The Fitter will utilize hand tools and welding equipment while following shop details specifications. The goal is to provide fabricated structures for ships and barges, in the most efficient manner while maintaining a safe work environment.. The role of the Fitter is crucial to the overall manufacturing process of our products.
- Read blueprints or other specifications
- Aligns parts using jack, turnbuckles, overhead cranes, pins, wedges and hammer.
- Measure to specifications.
- Identify parts for assembly in proper order.
- Cut and wash with torch (Oxy Fuel or Plasma).
- Tack weld pieces together
- Removes high spots using grinders.
- Inspect and ensure that completed work conforms to specifications by the company.
- May perform repairs for testing if required.
- May serve as a problem-solving resource to others
- Complete all required records.
- Ability to accurately read and interpret shop detail drawings
- Previous experience reading and working off of detail prints.
- Proficient in mathematical skills.
- Must be able to stick and flux core weld.
- Must have at lest 2 years experience in ship and barge repair.(Shipyard)
Call for more info
832-909-4073 Espanol Ricardo
Estamos Contratando Fitters/ Welders para la reparacion de barcos y barges en una yarda de barcos.
Requerido poder soldar con barilla y flux core.
Minimo de 2 aNos experiencia en reparacion y de fitter/welder.
El pago es semanal y tiempo extra disponible.
Para mas info llame a