Structural Steel Fabricator/Welder
If you’re a proven Welder and capable of working on a team, CBH has a great opportunity for you. We are seeking a Structural Steel Fabricator for our steel manufacturing plant in Barrie, ON. As a highly successful company, we are constantly looking for talented individuals to support our growth. If you are interested in pursuing a rewarding career, we invite you to review our opportunities!
– Fitting and welding of steel, aluminum and stainless-steel parts using a MIG and TIG process.
– Operate manual or semi-automatic, fully automated welding equipment
– Lay out, position, align, and fit together parts of metal according to blueprints sketches in preparation for welding
– Ensure that parts received are of satisfactory quality and that work performed meets production standards
– Will be assigned additional continuous improvement projects to be completed in addition to daily activities
– Promote safety by following all applicable OSHA, EPA, local regulatory laws, and company safety policies
– Always maintain clean and orderly working area
– Ability to work in Fast-paced environment.
– Ability to perform Repetitive tasks over longer periods of time
– Attention to detail, Hand-eye co-ordination
– Ability to lift 30 – 50 kgs
– Must be able to work in both cold and hot environments
– Ability to work assigned hours plus overtime as needed
– Read and interpret welding blueprints, drawings specifications, manuals and processes.
– Safety-oriented track record
– TIG experience with Aluminum and Stainless Steel
– Experience with MIG welding Mild Steel
– Must have own weld helmet and gloves
– Must be authorized to work in Canada.
– Experience: Minimum 2 years.
– Will be interviewed and required to perform a weld test
What we offer:
– Dental & Medical benefits upon completion of probation period
– A competitive wage $20-$30/hr (depending on previous work experience)
– Monday-Friday (40 hours/week)
– Company-supplied PPE, tools and equipment
– Leverage your current skills while developing new skills
– Opportunities for growth within the company
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00-$30.00 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Markham, ON L3R 3T7: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Welding: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: One location