JCT Metals is currently looking for a CWB certified fitter/welder with 5 years experience to add to staff. The correct individual would have the interpersonal skills and abilities to work well alone, or in a team environment. Position to be filled is straight days. We see as an asset would be the ability and willing to train within the company as we grow within the structural steel industry. Meaning, the right individual could be trained for future positions within.
Responsibilities and Duties
– Attention to detail.
– Interpret structural fabrication drawings to preform QC prior to welding.
– Penmanship and organizational skills for documentation.
– Interpret weld symbols to weldments as required.
– Safely operate overhead cranes for production needs.
– Safe use and operation of power and hand tools.
– High pace and physically demanding environment at times.
Qualifications and Skills
– 5 years experience in welding.
– Grade 12 education Certificate.
– CWB weld certificates. (MIG and/or MCAW)
– Stair and railing experience considered an asset.
– Current valid drivers licence.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00-$22.00 per hour
- 10 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
We require prior to entry, a standard COVID-19 questionnaire. This same app will allow individual entry into the build as long as the responding answers shows it is safe. Masks must be worn in the office area. Social distancing required also.
- welding: 5 years (Required)