- Welding structural steel parts as specified per drawing or print.
- Maintaining housekeeping and helping to control scrap.
- Obtain and maintain the GMAW 2G welding certification.
- Assure the structural components are welded correctly with visual inspection.
- Safely operate an arc gouger, grinder and magnetic drill and Flip-rite crane.
- Communication up and down the line to ensure quality and completeness.
- Being flexible to work any schedule needed.
- Safety is the most important part of all jobs within Nucor; therefore, candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to initiate, lead, and uphold safety policies, practices, procedures, and housekeeping standards at all times.
- WQ1 (2G) weld certification
- High School Diploma or G.E.D Equivalent
- Crane (Flip-rite) certification
- Prior welding experience
- 2G GMAW weld Certification
- Possess basic understanding of metal building system fabrication.
Nucor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – M/F/Disabled/Vets – and a drug – free workplace