Requisition ID: 69042
Perform work involving a high degree of precision and the use of hand welding equipment and proficiency in welding processes for both structural and process pipe applications
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Set-up, troubleshoot and operate welding machines according to job specifications and welding procedures
- Preheat and weld metal components as specified by blue prints, welding symbols, job specifications, or welding procedures.
- Weld various processes FCAW-S, FCAW-G, TGAW, GMAW, SMAW, and SAW
- Operate air arc gouger, grinder, stress relieving machine, and other industry machines, tools and equipment
- Make welding repairs and substandard welds
- May require a high school diploma or its equivalent with previous years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Must possess working knowledge skills and abilities for position.
- Ability to understand, follow and transmit written and oral instructions and communicate effectively with management/supervision.
- Ability to use hand tools, power tools and layout tools safe and efficiently.
- Able to meet all physical requirements.
- Must have all required tools
- Expected to climb and work at heights and in confined spaces (may exceed 200 ft)
- Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Able to work overtime, nights, and weekends as required by the workload
- Observe and comply with all safety and project rules. Performs other duties as required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.