1.0 SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Applies basic skills and appropriate welding processes to join, surface, fabrication of metal or other weldable materials to assemble structures. Demonstrates proficiency with stick and flux from 3g and 4g. Consistently meets or exceeds production and safety requirements for assigned projects.
2.0 REPORTS TO / SUPERVISES
Reports To: Assigned Foreman
This position will have the following general/minimum responsibilities:
- Understand and follow safety policies and procedures.
- Set up equipment and weld metal parts together, using both gas welding and any combination of arc welding processes.
- Use equipment such as cutting torch or carbon air torch to unite different parts of steel structure.
- Must be required to pass employer performance tests or standard tests to meet certification standards of professional and technical associations.
- Practices good housekeeping skills and properly disposes of waste according to safety and environmental policies.
- Other duties as assigned by the Manager/Supervisor.
4.0 EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE
The following education, experience and knowledge are preferred for this position:
- Minimum two to four years of experience in welding fabrication of structural steel and verified structural weld test and/or demonstrated ability to perform basic skills according to testing requirements.
- Must have verbal skills with fluency for the responsibilities assigned.
5.0 WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Exposure to possible shop hazards including but not limited to welding fumes, heat, flash burns, skin burns, high noise level and eye injuries from welding arc and grinders. Spends 100% of time in shop.
- Standing 80% of the time, walking, climbing, bending, stooping, and heavy lifting, pushing and pulling.