JVC Precision Ltd., based in Orillia, Ontario, provides engineering design services and manufacturing of ferrous and non-ferrous products for industrial and commercial applications for the Canadian mining, forestry, and automation markets.
We are currently recruiting a Welding supervisory, who will be responsible for overseeing the welding department, grinding and saw operations. Responsibilities will include employee training, department work-flow scheduling and EH&S compliance. As a member of the manufacturing supervisory team, you will lead the department in the ongoing implementation of our Lean Manufacturing initiative driving process and quality improvements.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a sense of urgency, thrive on the challenge to continually improve and grow. You will have the skills, commitment, and leadership necessary to lead your team for the company we aim to be in two to five years. You are not satisfied with the status quo and you drive aggressive plans to do more, to take welding operations to the next level. The overarching objective is to “Delight the Customer”.
Reporting to the Manufacturing Manager your Key Accountability & Responsibilities will be:
- Lead the department in the completion of daily work schedules and prepare, organize, oversee the manufacturing of components and assemblies.
- Ensure work order driven schedules are attained based on ERP plans and order tracking is performed in a timely manner.
- Weld components as specified by procedures, drawings and work orders.
- Work includes set-up, laying out work using fixtures and guides to repair, modify, or fabricate parts and/or equipment products.
- Assist the Design Engineering Department in the development of fixtures and optimizing design for manufacturability.
- Ensure the quality of production parts by performing First Article inspections to verify accuracy of departmental work.
- Work with the Quality Engineer in the resolution of NCR’s and implementation of corrective actions.
- Collaborate with the Manufacturing Manager on production and capacity planning to optimize workflow, shift schedules and people resources.
- Ensure maintenance of welding equipment and work areas in accordance with company 5S standards and manufacturers preventative maintenance requirements and schedules.
- Oversee the development and implementation of new departmental work procedures.
- Train, and mentor new employees including performance reviews, hiring and vacation planning.
- Ensure all work is performed in accordance with EHS practices and internal company policies.
- Perform or assist in other assigned duties as qualified and/or assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong Knowledge of general metal fabrication technical processes, equipment and workflows.
- Familiar with welding symbols and diagrams, blueprints, and/or other printed instructional material in the welding of products or parts.
- Experience with GMAW, FCAW or, GTAW.
- Welds range from basic processes to complex welds in mild steel, aluminium and stainless.
- CWB 47.1 & 47.2 experience.
- Possess strong Communication and presentation skills both verbal and written.
- Analytical approach to problem solving and developing creative solutions to technical production issues.
- The ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and consistently meet deadlines and schedules.
- Demonstrated ability to Lead a team with a professional approach to all aspects of the role.
- Metal fabricator / plate fitting experience.
- Fork-lift experience.
- Experience with robotic welding would be an asset.
- Welding Supervisory Certification an asset.
- High school diploma combined with formal technical training and or minimum 15 years work experience in welding.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $0.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday