Role and Responsibilities
· Observe & follow all safety policies and procedures in compliance with the organizational rules, while seeking continuous improvement. Responsible for his/her safety as well as that of his/her colleagues.
· Selects equipment and plans layouts, assembly, and welding, applying knowledge of geometry, physical properties of metal machining, weld shrinkage and welding techniques.
· May be required to use Gas-Metal Arc, Flux-Cored Arc, Gas-Tungsten Arc, Submerged Arc, or Shielded Metal Arc welding processes.
· Lays out, positions, aligns and fits components together in various body positions.
· Bolts, clamps and welds together metal components of products using arc and arc gas welding equipment. May weld in flat, horizontal, vertical, or overhead position. May tack weld assemblies together.
· Connects cable from welding unit to obtain amperage, voltage, slope and pulse as specified by procedure.
· Manually guides electrode or gun along weld-line, maintaining length of arc and speed and movement to form specified depth of fusion and bead, as judged from color of metal, sound of weld, and size of molten puddle.
· May clean or degrease weld joint or workplace, using wire brush, or portable grinder.
· May repair broken or cracked parts and fill holes. May remove excess weld, defective weld material, slag and spatter, using carbon arc gouge, hand scrapper, grinder or power chipper. May cut metal plates or structural shapes.
· Examines weld for bead size and other specifications.
· Studies blueprints, work orders, or machining instructions to determine product specifications, tool requirements, and operational sequences.
· Actively supports all Cardinal Metalworks activities, i.e. failure analysis etc.
· Supports all job functions by being cross trained in each area.
· Familiarity with ISO standards and requirements.
· Exercises independent judgment as needed.
· Lift and position work pieces, manually or with hoists.
Qualifications and Requirements
· Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy.
· Make decisions based on measurable criteria.
· Apply basic mathematics to solve problems.
· Plan work and select proper tools.
· Visualize objects in three dimensions from plans and drawings.
· Compare and see differences in the size, shape and form of lines, figures and objects.
· Able to follow quality standards on a consistent basis.
· Attentiveness, focus, strength and stamina are key traits needed for this process.
A strong work ethic and ability to work independently
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Burgaw, NC: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Welding: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location