PALA Interstate, LLC
Lays out, fits and welds together metal components of such products as pipelines, boilers, tanks, structural steel and vehicles.
Reads, studies and interprets job specifications, plans and blue prints. Uses basic math skills including geometry, trigonometry to make calculations for work. Can complete difficult job tasks according to job specifications with minimal or no supervision.
- Ability to understand and follow all safety rules and to set an example in Safety, Quality, and Production. Measurable criteria will be used in these areas to determine classification.
- Ability to weld to Section 9 of ASME Code in all positions.
- Operations of air arc-gouging and burning torch that requires limited grinding to complete welding process.
- Operation of all air and electric power tools used in a normal tank repair.
- Ability to recognize the proper fit up of weld joints and ability to understand and follow the outlined method of welding.
- Exemplify proper techniques of rigging.
- Understand the proper use of key plates and fit up equipment to control banding and peaking in horizontal and vertical seams.
- Ability to weld approximately 180 linear feet of acceptable seal pass weld using 5P 3/16″ electrodes.
- Ability to weld approximately 250 linear feet of acceptable jet weld on 3/16″ and 1/4″ CS lap weld using 7024-1 electrodes.
- Ability to weld approximately 130 linear feet of completed 3/8″ comer weld using 7/32″ 7018 electrodes.
- Ability to weld linear feet of vertical and horizontal weld for the following thickness using 7018 electrodes (completed weld):
Ability to complete items 8 – 10 with no more than 30 minutes of pickup work per day. *Buttering has not been included.
*Buttering has not been included.
- Ability to complete item 11 with an acceptable RT rate of 95% or higher.
- Ability to work at elevations above ground level using vertical ladders positioned on tank scaffold and ability to work in shell buggies.
- Ability to perform work under breathing air conditions using required respirator.
- Willingness to perform other tank duties on an as needed basis.
- Ability to work in confined space.
- Operation of a Man-Lift.
Required Education and Experience:
- Minimum three years’ experience in welding with SMAW, GTAW, and or Flux Core process.
- Must pass required welding test as required by the specific job site.
Preferred Education and Experience
- High School or GED preferred but not required.
- Trade School program preferred but not required.
PALA Group, Inc. and its Subsidiaries provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.