To safely and efficiently manipulate and join metals to the desired shape, form and dimensions required. To correctly interpret construction drawings and assembly parts as required by the design intent and governing specification and codes. To improve methods, increase efficiency, and contribute to an enjoyable and positive work environment. Welders reports directly to the Operations Manager.
Required skills include;
- Professional, organized and positive disposition.
- Good physical fitness.
- Must be able to lift minimum 35 lbs to shoulder height.
- Must be able to work in strenuous body positions.
- Competent, efficient and safe operation of all welding related tools and equipment.
- Able to pass an all position CWB Welder Performance Qualification test (SMAW / FCAW).
- “Pressure” ticketed with PWP #7, PWP#10 and/ or PWP#11 endorsement is an asset.
- Able to produce “X-ray” quality welds on demand.
- Fabrication skills is an asset.
- Must have good communication skills in English and possess valid BC drivers license and reliable transportation.
- Ensure compliance with safety protocols by wearing protective gloves, masks, and boots.
- Handle metal parts and assemblies.
- Aligning metal components for welding.
- Operate hand held angle grinders and scrapers to prepare metal surfaces for welding operations on flat, overhead or vertical positions.
- Weld components in flat, overhead or vertical positions.
- Use of power saws, torches and drills in cutting, drilling, and contouring metal
- work pieces.
- Load and unload trucks, job boxes and setup work sites.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $32.00-$42.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Welding: 5 years (Preferred)