The Welder is responsible for performing tasks involved in the production of bases and frames of aluminum trailers. This includes measuring, cutting, and welding of aluminum.
- Reads and follows blueprints and work orders ensuring a quality product that meets customer demands.
- Welds different facets of a trailer, including but not limited to: tacking, clamping, and welding with proper bead size on bases and cages in accordance with the work order; ensures quality of welds for structural integrity.
- Obtains raw materials from Material Handlers.
- Buffs out rough edges using a hand-held power grinder.
- Notifies supervisor of any mechanical or material issues including but not limited to, defects in material, damage to the trailer, and deviations from work order.
- Ensures that finished product meets quality expectations. Strives for the highest level of quality and understands the need for continuous improvement; supports the concept of “good enough is never good enough”.
- Maintains a clean and safe work area; works to minimize scrap, places unused material back in appropriate area, and disposes of waste appropriately.
- Follows all safety procedures, wears appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE), and reports any accidents or near misses to supervisor immediately.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 – $19.00 per hour