TS Tech Canada, located in Newmarket, Ontario, is an automotive seat manufacturer providing high quality products through strong automation and quality control systems. We are currently looking for someone to join the Maintenance Engineering Group of our Engineering Section as a Robotic Weld Technician.
To perform the maintenance and alteration of facilities and equipment, including the movement, installation, repair and overhaul of machines, tools, and plant equipment with a particular focus on our robotic welding equipment.
Duties will include, but are not restricted to, the following:
- Ensure weld quality
- Create and write programs from scratch with weld parameters and schedules
- Perform and record maintenance repairs, troubleshooting and programming for various automated weld cells
- Maintain process stability, effective defect monitoring and weld procedure specifications for new projects
- Participate in the development and improvement of current and future robotic welding parts processing
- Assist in the studies relating to process stability, capability and weld integrity analysis
- Continuously review product quality as it exists in the manufacturing process
- Work with team to improve run speeds, reduce set-up times and work to improve efficiencies
- Work towards continuous improvement of work and weld cell processes to produce parts that meet all required specifications within required cycle times
- Ensure assembled and welded components meet customer quality requirements and standards
- Maintain weld logs and robot program backups
The successful applicant must possess the following:
- More than 2 years of related work experience in robotic and controls automation in a manufacturing environment
- Completion of College Welding & Robotics Course
- Proficiency in C++ and Python
- Hands on experience with robotics
TS Tech Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.