Telco Steel Works (See https://www.telcosteelworks.ca) located 550 Southgate Drive
Guelph, ON N1G 4P6 has a full time and permanent positions for 6 Fabricators / Welders.
Applicants must be willing to work afternoon shift (4:30 pm to 3:00 am Monday to Thursday)
LIMA for 6 positions has have been approved by The Canadian Government
Are you a team player looking to join a dynamic growing team?
Enjoy challenging assignments that require you to utilize your talents and skills as a Structural Steel Fabricator / Welder.
Telco Steel Works is looking for excellent team players to join our growing business in the fabrication of steel structures for the Ontario market.
Joins us at our 50,000sqft automated metal fabrication and material handling facility, located within easy access to the 401 and highway 6 north in Guelph, providing an ideal location for commuters and local employees.
· Read and interpret blueprints or welding process specifications
· Mig Welding -FCAW/MCAW
· Operate manual or semi-automatic flame-cutting equipment
· Repair worn parts of metal products by welding on extra layers.
Fabricator – Fitter Duties
· Interpret shop fabrication drawings and install fitted parts in accordance with the approved shop fabrication drawings, using tack welds or other approved means to temporarily connect the fitted material prior to final welding.
· Move material either by manual or mechanical (overhead crane) means as required and as necessary.
· Assemble and fit metal sections and plates to form complete units or subunits using tack welding, bolting, or other methods.
· Set up and operate various heavy-duty metal-working machines such as plasma cutting equipment, cutting torches, grinders, and drills, including computer numerical control (CNC) equipment, to bend, cut, form, punch, drill or otherwise form heavy-metal components
· Install fabricated components in final product.
· Maintain the area in a neat and tidy manner; i.e. practice good housekeeping.
· Work in a safe and appropriate manner in accordance with the Telco Steel Works Ltd. approve Health & Safety Policy.
· Lift a maximum of 50lbs a height of 30in. (22kg/75cm)
· Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings
· Knowledge in related fabrication and welding processes and safety standards
· Attention to detail
Journeyman certificate as well welder, fabricator, boilermaker, plater or closely related trade OR
· A Canadian Welding Bureau ticket OR
· Another certification in welding and or fabrication (Telco will decide which certification they will accept) OR
· Eligibility by the Ontario College of Trades to challenge a red Seal as a welder, fabricator or boilermaker
· CNC machine experience in plasma cutting would be an asset
· Must provide independent transportation- no public transit available after 11pm in the City of Guelph
- Team player willing to contribute to process improvements and business growth.
- English is the language at the workplace
Wages and Benefits
· Competitive wage
· 10% afternoon shift premium for hours worked between 4:30 pm and 7:00am
· Attendance Recognition Incentive paid weekly
· Group RRSP program
· Medical and dental
· Benefit program
· RRSP program
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
Flexible language requirement:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Guelph, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Welding: 3 years (preferred)