We are hiring for several weekend flux core mig welders for our manufacturing facility located in Lincolnton. This is a great opportunity for anyone with on the job experience to brought in and receive GREAT benefits!
- 3 years minimum of on the job welding experience
- Pass a welding test (will be welding machines and their sub-assemblies)
Welds metal parts with gas welding equipment as specified by layout, welding diagram or work order.
- Positions parts in jugs or fixtures on bench or floor, or clamps parts together along layout marks
- Selects torch, torch tip, filler rod and flux, according to welding chart specifications or type and thickness of metal
- Connects regulator valves and hoses to oxygen and fuel gas cylinders and welding torch
- Turns regulator valves to activate flow of gases, lights torch and adjusts gas mixture and pressure, to obtain desired flame
- Holds torch at proper angle to metal and guides along weld joint, applying filler rod to molten area to form weld
- Examines weld for bead size and other specifications
- Repairs broken or cracked metal objects, fills holes, and builds up metal parts
- Applies flux to workpiece instead of filler rod
- Lays out, positions, and tack welds workpieces
- Welds along vertical or overhead weld lines
- Scarfs or grooves weld prior to applying filler metal
- Chips or grinds off excess weld, slag or spatter
- Cleans or degreases parts
Education / Experience:
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and minimum two years related experience or training or welding certification.
- Ability to read/interpret blue prints
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- While performing this job, the employee is regularly required to stand.
- The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands/arms
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision
- Work 36 hours/Get paid for 40hrs
- $40 Referral Bonus
- Weekly Pay with Insurance Benefits
- Great Opportunities for Growth & Advancement
For immediate consideration: Call 704-750-3304
Interviews will be held at our office located in Kings Mountain.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $19.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Referral program
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Weekend availability
- Weekends only
Fair Chance Hiring supported
- All interviews are done at our office located in Kings Mountain. Are you available to meet with us at this location?
- This position is a weekend only/Friday-Sunday/6am-6:45pm position. Are you ok with this schedule?
- Flux welding: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location