New Flyer is North America’s heavy-duty transit bus leader with locations in Canada in Winnipeg and Arnprior, and facilities in the USA in Crookston, St. Cloud, Ontario, Anniston, Shepherdsville and Jamestown. It offers the most advanced product line under the Xcelsior® and Xcelsior CHARGE™ brands. It also offers infrastructure development through New Flyer Infrastructure Solutions™, a service dedicated to providing safe, sustainable, and reliable charging and mobility solutions. New Flyer actively supports over 41,000 heavy-duty transit buses (New Flyer, NABI, and Orion) currently in service, of which 7,300 are powered by electric motors and battery propulsion and 1,600 are zero-emission. Further information is available at www.newflyer.com.
As a key member of the organization, you will be responsible for maintaining the Winnipeg CWB certification program. You will provide training and support to production and the training institute and be responsible for the deisgn, development, and execution of welding training programs and courses.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Responsible to maintain the CWB certification program in Winnipeg.
- Develop curriculum, administer and maintain internal certification programs for weld processes outside current CWB certification.
- Ensure the weld department is compliant with CWB codes and company certification requirements.
- Provide training to the weld department and provide support to the training institute to identify, plan, and implement resource selection, training and development requirements to support skilled labour of the weld shop.
- Define performance requirements and standards, assess current performance and identify trianing and development needs for weld employees.
- Provide support to the Human Resources recruitment team with production welder testing and on-boarding.
- Develop and deliver the training for internal applicants to become welders.
- Support in the development of training methods such as evaluation and validation to determine effectiveness.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
- Five years previous experience in a welding role with a strong focus on training and development.
- Weld Certification (Journeyman/CWB) or equivalent related work experience.
- CWB Weld Supervisor Certified.
- Excellent computer and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and train.
- Motivated self-starter with ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility to adjust work schedule to meet testing and training requirements for both day and evening shift.
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM:
- Competitive Wages.
- A continuous learning environment.
- Ability to advance your career with a growing company.
- NFI Group has been named a Manitoba Top Employer for 2020 and this is the tenth since the competition was established in 2007.
- Employee social committee organizes numerous events throughout the year, including summer barbecues, holiday festivities, sporting events and tournaments, and much more.
- Ongoing employee development through a variety of in-house training initiatives along with tuition subsidies for courses at outside institutions.
We exist to move people. Our mission is to design and deliver exceptional transportation solutions that are safe, accessible, efficient and reliable.
ABOUT NFI GROUP:
With over 8,900 team members operating from more than 50 facilities across ten countries, NFI is a leading independent global bus manufacturer providing a comprehensive suite of mass transportation solutions under brands: New Flyer® (heavy-duty transit buses), Alexander Dennis Limited (single and double-deck buses), Plaxton (motor coaches), MCI® (motor coaches), ARBOC® (low-floor cutaway and medium-duty buses), and NFI Parts™. NFI buses and motor coaches incorporate the widest range of drive systems available including: clean diesel, natural gas, diesel-electric hybrid, and zero-emission electric (trolley, battery, and fuel cell). In total, NFI now supports over 105,000 buses and coaches currently in service around the world. NFI common shares are traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol NFI. News and information are available at www.nfigroup.com, www.newflyer.com, www.mcicoach.com, www.arbocsv.com, www.alexander-dennis.com, www.carfaircomposites.com and www.nfi.parts.