What’s in it for you?
- Year-round, full-time permanent work;
- Indoor working conditions;
- Working alongside a great team of talented individuals;
- Building a world-class product;
- Opportunity for advancement;
- Family owned company;
- Fun work events (Christmas Party, Golf Tournaments, BBQ, Vipers Games, Bowling, etc.);
Wage range: $17.00 (minimum) – $19.25 (midpoint) – $21.75 (maximum).
- Wage reviews are conducted after successful completion of the probationary period and bi-annually (February and August).
- This is an entry level position with opportunities to move up into a Welder role as they become available.
- Afternoon Shift Premiums.
- Extended Benefits Coverage,
- Employee Assistant Programs;
- Profit Sharing;
- Retirement Saving Plans;
- Employee Purchase Plans;
- Education and Apprenticeship Opportunities;
- Boating Experiences.
As a Weld Shop Assistant working in Pre-Drill, you are responsible for assisting welders through various tasks. These tasks include pre-drilling of boats, moving hull jigs in and out of the shop, and some basic welding duties. Constant use of overhead cranes, power tools and forklifts are required.
What will you do?
- Pre-drilling of production boats.
- Attaching UHMW to hulls.
- Moving boats and jigs around shop and yard using overhead crane and forklifts.
- Test small boats in water tank for leaks.
- Read and follow work orders for drilling specifications.
- Support welders with other tasks as needed.
- Follow all applicable KingFisher Boats and WorkSafeBC Occupational Health & Safety regulations.
What do you need to succeed?
- Ability to safely operate saws, grinders, drills, and other power tools;
- Ability to read a measuring tape;
- Ability to read blue prints and understand work orders;
- High attention to detail is required in order to achieve quality standards;
- Forklift and overhead crane experience or training is an asset;
- Welding experience or training is an asset.
At KingFisher, we recognize and embrace the importance of values in our ever-changing workplace. To be successful, all applicants must demonstrate behaviours that are reflective of our values:
- Understanding and ability to maintain a safe work environment;
- Ability to work independently or with others to achieve a common goal;
- Ability to take initiative and be a self-starter – follow direction with minimal supervision;
- Willing and open to learn each day;
- Show pride in work on a daily basis;
- Effective verbal and listening communication skills;
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced work environment.
- Regular periods during which there is continuous physical effort is required, e.g., walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward;
- Exposure to factors such as temperature variations, fumes, moving machinery, humidity, toxic materials which may cause periods of discomfort, high noise levels;
- Frequent need to give concentrated attention, either hearing or seeing to work being performed;
- Noticeable pressure from deadlines, production quotas, accuracy or similar demands exists.
- Job Type: Full-Time
Candidates must be available for either shift:
- Day Shift – Monday to Thursday – 4:45 am to 2:15 pm
- Afternoon Shift – Monday to Thursday – 2:15 pm to 12:00 am
We will review all applications, however, only those selected for an interview will be called.