Reference number: 1260
Location: Barrie, ON
We currently require a Weld Specialist to join our team. The purpose of the Weld Specialist is to provide best possible weld solutions on various types of equipment in an automation environment. The Weld Specialist will report directly to the Electrical Design/Controls/Robotics Manager.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Attend kick-off meetings and process reviews to support as necessary
- Review of weld equipment proposed as well as design intent on a per project basis with respect to the following areas:
- Wire feed solutions Weld gas distribution Torch selection Weld controllers including verification of proper communication options Peripheral weld devices, including but not limited to service equipment (reamers, dressers), calibration equipment
- Possess a thorough overall understanding of welding (mig, spot, projection and laser welding) and the ability to set up and perfect weld schedules on most welding manufacturer’s equipment
- Possess a basic knowledge of robot programming and motion planning on multiple robotic platforms for purposes of weld development
- Will be competent with most robotic manufacturer’s equipment (Fanuc, ABB, Motoman, and Nachi).
- Familiar with I/O structure, robot start-up, and devicenet/ethernet networks
- Create and/or compile project execution documentation as required on each project utilizing standardized templates:
- Task/Responsibility Lists Weld Gun Summaries Weld Sequence Sheets Equipment Signoff Documents Validation Audits (weld destruct) Weld documentation in standardized format as required by customer (controller setup, shank sizes, weld tip, stepper, etc.)
- Assist robotic leads in customer meetings to determine best solutions to unique applications
- Review project execution with Robotics Leads and Controls Manager to ensure procedures are being maintained and project execution is on track
- Ensure Prodomax prescribed safety methods are complied with and documented where necessary
- Ensure new knowledge gained from each project is documented in lessons learned database
- Assist in maintenance of Prodomax-based weld parameter database created from best practices on previous jobs based on material type and equipment used. Database will be referenced by multiple disciplines within Prodomax
- Material coatings (similar / dissimilar metals / exotic metals)
- Ampacity, Cycles, multistep requirements
- Gun pressures
- Welding parametric best practices (speed, optimum torch angles, excessive gap issues)
- Develop and maintain best practices for weld quality tools to be utilized during validation phase of project
- Act as point of contact for coordination across departments
- Attend training to keep abreast of current technologies
Participate in cross-functional forum meetings for sharing of best practices
- Bachelor degree or college diploma in Robotics, or related field of study and/or equivalent industry experience.
- 3 plus years of practical experience.
The Ideal Candidate Demonstrates:
Excellent communication (oral and written) and human relation skills as candidate will work closely with customers and colleagues from other disciplines.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a constantly changing environment.
- Ability to coordinate a high level of activity under a variety of conditions and constraints.
- Excellent conflict resolutions skills.
- High energy and the flexibility to perform under short time constraints to meet deadlines.
- Excellent judgment and strong problem solving skills, including the ability to understand the financial impact of relevant options.
- Ability to motivate fellow team members in a positive manner and provide direction for junior members of the department.
- Ability to work overtime and travel outside of Canada.
- Effective working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Positive attitude and works well as a member of a team; and
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, disciplined approach to work.
Our employees are mountain bikers, road bikers, skiers, golfers, runners, video game heroes, musicians, community volunteers, race car drivers, fitness enthusiasts, hockey players, outdoor sportspeople, world travelers, TV & potato chip experts, single people, family people, and every other variety of people. Everyone is welcome. www.prodomax.com
We are minutes away from the GO Station connected to Toronto and close to beautiful Kempenfelt Bay on Lake Simcoe. Barrie has something for everyone. www.tourismbarrie.com
Prodomax, a member of the JENOPTIK group, is a specialized industrial engineering firm focused on designing complex manufacturing production systems for the automotive sector with a blue-chip customer base. Since it was founded in 1971, over a billion dollars of automation equipment has been delivered to Canada, the US, Mexico and Europe. Prodomax consistently delivers automation of any size and complexity by a team professionals.
If so, we look forward to receiving your online application.
Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Tel.: +1 705 7265841-380