Welder – 1st Shift, Burleson
Martin is a progressive industry leader in the Power Transmission and Bulk material handling industry. We are proud of our rich heritage dating back to our beginning in 1951 as a family run organization. Fast forward to today, we have more than 30 locations in North America, including Thomas Conveyor in Burleson, TX. As an employer of choice, we offer a stable work environment with equal opportunity for leadership development and career growth. We take great pride in “Our People” and believe they’re our greatest asset. We’re looking for engaged individuals that are adaptable to a changing environment, take pleasure in learning, and enjoy working with others and continuing to make Martin great.
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to report daily to the company’s Burleson, TX facility (Thomas Conveyor) to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified candidates with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Role & Responsibilities
- Weld metal parts using MIG welding process
- Work from process sheets, blueprints or other written/verbal instructions given by supervisor to perform production tasks.
- Maneuver large, awkward, or heavy parts manually or with a crane.
- Inspect welds throughout process and use grinding tools when necessary
- Maintain machine and work area in a clean and safe manner.
- Check and inspect operation against predetermined tolerances.
- Work in other areas or departments as assigned.
- Must be able to weld 3G & 4G positions in both carbon and stainless steel.
- Must have MIG welding experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with Stick and Flux Core welding a plus
- Experience with grinding tools and machines preferred
- Simple oral communication skills; ability to read and comprehend instructions written in English and complete simple logs and reports in English
- Must be able to work 1st Shift: 6:00am – 3:30pm, Monday – Friday
- Must be physically able to handle heavy items including lifting, pushing, pulling, and positioning components
- Must be able to work scheduled hours and comply with the company’s timekeeping policy and all other company policies
- Must be able to consistently stand for entire shift
- Knowledge of basic machining practices and materials is a plus, as is general mechanical knowledge
- Ability to work in a team setting
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent, required