If a culture of excellence, innovation and ownership is what you’re searching for, consider putting your experience in motion at Flowserve. As an individual contributor, or as a leader of people, your enterprise mindset will ensure Flowserve’s position as the global standard in comprehensive flow control solutions. Here, your opportunity for professional development and industry leading rewards will be supported by our foundational commitments to the values of people first, integrity and safety. Thinking beyond opportunity and reward, at Flowserve, we are inspired by working together to create extraordinary flow control solutions to make the world better for everyone!
We are seeking Welders for our Raleigh, NC facility. Our team utilizes a variety of welding methods within an engineered-to-order manufacturing shop. This is an exciting opportunity to join a complex and interesting industrial operation that provides excellent long term career growth opportunities.
Flowserve offers competitive base pay, off-shift premiums, annual bonuses, benefits on day 1 of employment, generous paid vacation, paid holidays, pension plan, 401(k) and more.
Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Ability to interpret mechanical drawings, including weld requirement symbols.
- Finish grinding applications using manual and power tools.
- Communicate effectively with manufacturing associates via email, phone, and face to face in order to produce a quality product for our customer.
- Read blueprints and drawings and take or read measurements to plan layout and procedures.
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements.
- Set up components for welding according to specifications.
- Align components using calipers, rulers etc. and clamp pieces.
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structure to discover flaws.
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety.
- Maintain or improve 6S in the area
- HS Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of one year welding experience or Technical Training.
- 3-5+ years of welding experience in 2G SMAW, GMAW/FCAW.
- PAW Plasma, SAW Subarc experience.
- Knowledge of OSHA and company rules and regulations for personal, material and product safety.
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and technical ability.
- Computer abilities – basic.
- Ability to operate safely using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions (vertical, horizontal or overhead.
- Ability to read and use a variety of measuring equipment, including calipers, micrometers, and basic hand tools, grinders, etc.
- Ability to use web based and Microsoft office applications.
Preferred Experience / Skills: • Welding certification, training or degree related to welding.
- Hard facing experience preferred.
- 1 Year nuclear experience is preferred.
Primary Posting Location: Raleigh, North Carolina US
Job Advertising Title: Welder 1st Shift Small Cast
Job Posting Category: Operations
Employment Type: Full time
Country: United States
Auto req ID: 51384BR
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to [email protected]. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words “Accommodation Request” as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.