Job Advertisement – Welder
Established in 1979, Regency Fireplace Products, the flagship brand of FPI Fireplace Products International Ltd., is a world leader in the design, manufacture and marketing of quality, high efficiency gas, wood and bio-mass fireplace products. We are headquartered in Delta, British Columbia and employ over 400 people across North America & Australia. Come and develop your career while enjoying our fantastic culture that promotes mutual respect, integrity and teamwork.
In this dynamic, fast-paced environment, the Welder is responsible for participating in a variety of the tasks and activities required to create high quality and reliable fireplace products. Ideal candidates will possess welding experience or working in a manufacturing/assembly environment.
We offer a competitive starting wage of $25.48 per hour.
Regency Fireplace Products offers extended health & dental, pension program with employer contributions, compressed work schedules, and on the job training focused on Continuous Improvement and LEAN manufacturing principles. If this position sounds like a good match with your skill set and experience, please review the full details of this position below.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
· Performing Assembly and/or Sub-Assembly work in a production environment
· Welding steel of varying material types and thicknesses from 16 ga to 5/16” plate
· Performing finishing work, such as grinding
· Performing spot welding
· Performing general labour
QUALIFICATIONS & SPECIFICATIONS:
· Ability to lift up to 50 lbs (occasionally)
· Ability to work closely with others in a production flow environment
· Level C Welding Ticket
Experience (in any of the following)
· Manufacturing/Assembly experience
· Grinding experience
WHAT WE OFFER:
· Competitive wage with scheduled increases
· Extended health & dental benefits
· Pension program with employer contributions
· Compressed work schedules
· On the job training
· Employee Purchase Program
· Free coffee and parking
This is a unionized position and is typically seasonal, however, may have potential for ongoing employment.
Hours of Work:
Primary shifts are 6:00am to 3:00pm on Monday to Thursday and 6:00am to 12:00pm on Fridays or 3:15 PM to 1:45 AM on Monday to Thursday; however alternative shifts may also be offered.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit a resume to the Human Resources Department by applying via this website.
We thank all applicants for applying but only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25.48 per hour
- 10 Hour Shift
- 8 Hour Shift
- welding: 1 year (Preferred)