Estimated: $18,000 – $26,000 a year7 hours ago
- Driver’s License
- Rear loader truck
- Plasma cutting
- High school diploma or GED
Full Job Description
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The welder performs repairs and maintenance to equipment parts, vehicles and roll-off containers. Paints repaired and/or new containers.
1. Performs repairs and maintenance on front and rear load, and roll-off containers. Cuts/welds repairs to vehicle floors, bodies, packing blades, rails, fabrication.
2. Welds steel and aluminum components using MIG gun and arc welding equipment.
3. Bends steel components using a break ad shear.
4. Cuts steel using a plasma cutter or torch.
5. Fabricates steel components on trucks and containers.
6. Installs lids and wheels on containers.
7. Paints repaired and/or new containers.
8. Sweeps up the container shop welding debris, grease, working environment, takes out the garbage and ensure that the shop is keep clean and safe on a daily basis.
9. Follows all safety policies and procedures.
10. Completes required paperwork.
11. Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Essential Functions- The statements above are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
- Inside facility, outside environment exposed to weather and vibrations from trucks and maintenance facility. Occasional exposure to extreme weather conditions.
Hourly Rate starts at $18.63.
- One year welding experience.
- Equivalent of high school diploma or G.E.D. certification.
- Valid driver license.
Physical Requirements (but not limited to)
- Push, pull, drag, and lift items up to 50 pounds, climbing ladder, and overhead reaching.
- Walking, Jogging, Twisting, Crouching, Lifting
- Sufficient stamina for steady work pace throughout the day
- Able to utilize all Personal Protective Equipment as mandated by company.