HSM is seeking qualified candidates for the Welder position at our Metal Plant in Hickory, NC. This is a 3rd shift position (Sunday – Thursday – 11:30pm-7:30am). Listed below are the Qualifications and Requirements for the position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welding parts into position for seat boxes, rocker bases and power yolk machines.
- Perform checks.
- Follow prints on work orders.
- Place parts onto fixture, engage machine for rocker base weld.
- Set up fixture for seat boxes and power yoke mechanisms for manual weld
- Place completed welded parts on rack for transport to next process.
- Place assigned welder mark on assembler.
- Complete necessary paperwork that will be used for SPC and maintain production schedule.
- Properly identify all containers as WIP, rework, or non-conforming product.
- Maintain safe operation.
- Must be able to use calipers, micrometers, tape measure, industrial size hand tools.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and take direction well.
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Must be able to read and interpret mechanical prints.
- Must be able to do simple math (add, subtract, divide, and multiply.)
- Must have excellent attendance and work record.
- Must have 1-2 years of production welding experience (MIG Welding)
- Must be able to perform other duties as deemed by management.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)