Founded by the Channell family in 1922, Channell is a global designer, manufacturer, and seller of outside plant infrastructure equipment. The markets served by Channell are Telecommunications, Municipalities, Internet Service Providers, Wireless, Water, Power, and CATV, among others. Major product lines include a complete line of thermoplastic and metal fabricated enclosures, fiber optic cable connection and management systems and high performance below grade vaults.
The production welder is responsible for following production schedules in accordance with work order specification requirements and blueprints. Must be able to read and write English. Must pass the weld test, including MIG & TIG, as this role will demand all varieties of metal including aluminum. Maintains quality through visual inspection of equipment, materials, and process. Must be qualified to operate production welding equipment, trained and qualified to operate all equipment in the metals department and account for all shift production reporting. Maintains good housekeeping practice and ensures that company policies and safety rules are followed on any task assigned.
- MIG and TIG experience
- Understand blueprints or drawings
- Understands various pieces of welding equipment
- Good hands on skills
- Good mechanical skills, use of welding equipment
- Good understanding of quality and safety practices
ABILITY TO/TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
- Must understand and follow all departmental safety rules.
- Read and understand written assembly instructions
- Understand Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
- ISO sections pertaining to the position
- Various pieces of welding equipment including MIG and TIG welders
- Welding fixtures
- Deburring equipment
- Hydraulic and manual benders
- Various measuring tools
- Blueprints and drawings
- Forklifts/ Pallet jacks/Cranes
- Various hand and grinding tools
- Submit to background check, pre-employment drug screen
- Pass work physical and lift test
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Certification in Welding is a plus.
- Must be able to speak, read/comprehend and write in English
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Capacity to work overtime as needed
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and working conditions requirement indicated below are examples of the demands that must be performed in carrying out the essential job functions.
Physical Demands: Standing and walking (up to continuously); bend/stoop, twist neck and torso (frequently); reach, hold, grasp, push, pull, lift/carry raw material, finished product, tools and machinery up to 50 pounds (frequently); use seeing, hearing and speaking.
Working Conditions: Work indoors and outdoors; exposure to temperatures commensurate with outdoor seasonal temperatures.
Channell Commercial Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable a person with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job.
Channell Commercial Corporation offers a competitive salary and benefits that include 401(K), health insurance, life insurance, vacation, paid holidays, and uniforms.