We are a North American Leader in the Fabrication sectors with operations across Canada, and the USA. We are a fully-integrated supplier of manufacturing and engineering services providing steel components and complex, high value-added assemblies for the agricultural, construction, mining, energy, heavy truck and industrial sectors. The Welder will fabricate and bond metal together to produce a sub or complete assembly, utilizing gas welding equipment as specified by layout, welding diagram or work order. The Welder will report directly to the Team Lead and/or Production Supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Selects equipment and plans layout, assembly and welding.
- Lays out, positions, aligns and fits components together.
- Bolts, clamps and tack welds parts to secure in position for welding.
- Sets up equipment and welds parts, using arc, gas shielded arc, submerged arc, or gas welding equipment.
- Weld along vertical, or overhead weld lines.
- Examines weld for bead size and other specifications.
- Repairs broken or cracked metal objects, fills holes and builds up metal parts.
- Chips or grinds off excess weld, slag or spatter.
- Assembles parts by bolting and riveting.
- Operator and set up power/pneumatic tools * Repair products by dismantling, straightening, reshaping, and re-assembling parts.
- Follow strict quality control procedures.
- Comply with requirements as outlined in company handbook and the OHSA.
- Follows and comply with all Operational Procedures and policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook, Quality and Environment programs (i.e. IATF, ISO 14001)
- Practice good housekeeping.
- Other duties as maybe assigned
- Capable of working collaboratively and effectively with others.
- Personal commitment to high quality standards. Strong communication skills and an ability to formulate positive interpersonal relationships.
- Perceptive, responsible and accountable.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- AWS or CWB certification preferred
- Prior years’ experience in a Fabrication manufacturing environment preferred
- Used to working with large parts * Overhead crane experiences an asset
- Familiarity with blue prints
- In the habit of working in a busy and complex environment
- Excellent command of the English language, verbal and written
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Welding: 1 year (preferred)