Foremost has immediate openings for full-time Welder Apprentices (1st, 2nd or 3rd year) located at our facility in Calgary, Alberta for the afternoon shift. This position will work with the Lead Hand, Charge Hand and Foremen to ensure continuous improvements and perform tasks relating to his/her classifications. Additionally, the Apprentice will work under the direction and/or verbal instruction of more senior employees in accordance with normal Apprentice regulation until necessary schooling is completed and then is elevated to higher classification.
- An Apprentice works under direction and/or verbal instruction of more senior employees in accordance with normal Apprentice regulation until necessary schooling is completed and then is elevated to higher classification.
- Performs work in their respective trades utilizing skills and equipment required.
- Expected to purchase and maintain a set of tools to perform functions as experience dictates.
- Expected to attain Journeyman status within five (5) years of registration.
- Performs other tasks related to his/her classification.
– Experience an asset
– CWB tickets an asset
– Hand tools required
– Safety Training an asset, but will train as required
Foremost is a large and diverse industrial manufacturer. We specialize in equipment for oil & gas, mining, construction and water well markets and have grown to be one of the largest vacuum truck manufacturers in Canada. In early 2019, Foremost acquired the operating assets of Steel Craft Inc. and JTL Industries, leading to the addition of ULC Fuel Tanks and Agriculture Grain Bins to Foremost’s product line. With multiple locations in Alberta, a solid reputation dating back to 1940, over 400 employees and a unique depth of expertise Foremost is a company with great people, great products and a great future. We have adapted, invented, and evolved all of our products with a view to make them more useful and profitable for our customers. For more information about Foremost, visit www.foremost.ca/about.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $21.29-$31.97 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- 10 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Calgary, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Apprenticeship (required)