Operates welding equipment in the manufacture of commercial HVAC products. Communicate effectively with management and co-workers to achieve department and company goals.
The following is a list of the essential duties and responsibilities that are expected of the technician; however, additional duties may be assigned, as required.
- § Complete duties in a safe and timely manner in accordance with quality standards and engineering specifications
- § Ensure parts are available and production schedules are met
- § Use computer to verify components and wiring diagrams
- Important Tasks:
- § Lift up to 50 pounds
- § Perform minor maintenance on the welders.
- § Stand up to 95 percent of work shift hours.
- § Communicate effectively with other welders and management
- § Complete all assignments quickly and keep the production line moving
- § Fill in on all production lines.
- § Locate and secure parts for your assigned assemblies
- § Maintain a safe and productive work area
- § Pass welding test
- § Perform duties in the base weld area as needed
- § Practice good attendance
- § Read tape measure, blueprints
- Set up welding machines for variety of metals and any thickness
- Weld in various positions (vertical, horizontal)
- Ensure all products adhere to the production specifications of the customer
- Utilize jigs and fixtures to produce successful parts and report any defects immediately
- Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment
- Operate manual or semi-automatic flame-cutting equipment
- Operate metal shaping machines such as brakes, shears or other metal straightening and bending machines
- Operate hand tools
- Read a tape measure to take critical measurements
- Maintain safe work practices
- Conduct repairs, modifications, or retrofits
- Ownership – Take pride in the work that is accomplished and understand the function or process flow for the larger picture.
- Organization – Able to maintain process to ensure all relevant information or tools are accessible.
- Attention to Detail – Attend to details and pursue quality in the accomplishment of tasks, regardless of the volume of duties encountered.
- Adaptability – Adapt and respond to changing conditions, priorities, technology and requirements.
- Results Orientation – Able to focus on desired outcomes, and the means by which they are achieved by meeting and or exceeding standards based on past
- MINIMUM EXPERIENCE, ABILITIES REQUIRED
- 1+ years’ experience MIG Welding
- 1+ years manufacturing experience
Sunbelt Rentals has competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits program.
Although we appreciate all who apply we will contact only those candidates who meet our requirements.
Sunbelt Rentals requires applicants to undergo a background verification process prior to commencing employment with the company. Employment with Sunbelt Rentals is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a pre-employment background check.
Sunbelt Rentals is an Equal Opportunity Employer — women, people with disabilities, Aboriginal peoples, and visible minorities.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- ST CATHARINES, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Welding: 1 year (preferred)
- MIG Welding: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: One location