MTU welders are responsible for performing welding and brazing repairs on aeronautical products using approved processes and procedures and in accordance with applicable manufacturer data.
Other responsibilities and duties include: grinding, cutting, cold working, general fabrication, maintain up-to-date welding logs, ordering of materials and consumables, shop clean-up and organization, and other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Completed a welding fundamentals program at an approved technical college recognized by the Industry Trade Association (ITA).
- Possess the relevant welding certificate or diploma from an approved technical college recognized by the ITA.
- Completed a welding apprenticeship program, including completion of a ITA logbook and certification up to Level A.
- Able to examine welds and ensure that they meet standards and/or specifications.
- Able to interpret engineering specifications, manuals, drawings and process documentation.
- Able to maintain a Welding Shop Certification Authority including scope for the applicable materials.
- Must pass a visual acuity exam with corrected vision to 20/20 or better (e.g. with glasses or contacts on).
- Must be able to communicate clearly in the English Language (in both verbal and written forms).
- Must possess good interpersonal skills, organizational skills and cooperates well with others.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- More than 5 years of experience as journeyman welder.
- Proficient with general ARC welding including gas tungsten welding of ferrous and non-ferrous metals.
- Experience in welding of aluminum-based, nickel-based (stainless), iron-based, cobalt-based, magnesium-based, and titanium-based alloys using electric arc processes.
- Experience in an aviation environment and previously held a welding SCA in compliance to standards AWS D17.1/D17.1M (latest rev) and ANSI Z49.1:2012.
- Familiar with Aircraft Engine or Aircraft Component manufacture’s Standard Practices.
- Familiar with brazing standards, equipment, and processes.
- Familiar with plasma cutting equipment and processes.
- Familiar with operating oxygen acetylene cutting equipment.
- Familiar with operating grinding and cutting equipment.
- Familiar with metallurgy standards.
- Familiar with non-destructive testing methods.
NON-WELDING RELATED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge with Microsoft Operation System Windows 10.
- Knowledge with Microsoft Office.
- Experience with SAP functions/transactions and system (or similar ERP system)
MTU supports diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $33.15-$38.11 per hour
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
We have established safety measures (masks, physical distancing and barriers) to keep employees safe.
- Welding: 5 years (required)
- Welder Red Seal (required)
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place