Primoris Canada is an infrastructure contractor serving major firms in the oil, gas, power, petrochemical, and heavy oil industries and include services covering tailings and hydro-transport pipeline construction and maintenance, storage tank construction and maintenance, industrial facilities multi-discipline construction and maintenance, piping fabrication, and pipeline integrity services.
The Welder is involved in the joining of pipe, steel, beams, vessels, and other metal components. This work exists indoors and may be physically demanding.
Location: Edmonton Fabrication Shop
Start Date: ASAP
- Robotic Pipe Welding Operator
- Comply with Company and Client Safety rules, as well as OH&S standards
- Read and interpret blue prints to determine requirements of the job
- Join or sever metals in beams, vessels, piping, and other metal components
- Utilize different processes and fillers depending on the Client requirements
- Clean and check weld for defects
- Attend required safety and tailgate/toolbox meetings
- May perform other duties as assigned
- Must be an Alberta registered apprentice or a Valid JM Certificate
- Must have CSTS-09 or CSTS-20
- Must have B-Pressure Ticket
- Must have Forklift and Overhead Crane and Rigging tickets
- Able to work well in a team environment
- Must be physically able to lift 50lbs and climb in/under units in the field
- Organized and self-motivated
Pre-employment alcohol and drug testing is a condition of employment.