Use hand-welding or flame-cutting equipment to weld or join metal components.
- Lay out, fit, and weld fabricated components to assembler structural forms.
- Position, align, and fit components together.
- Operate welders, torches, hand tools and overhead cranes and hoists.
- Operate machine(s) efficiently and productively with minimal wastage.
- Read and comprehend part blue prints and program machines appropriately.
- Identify and tag discrepant parts and report to supervisor.
- Monitor assigned machine(s) for necessary maintenance and/or machine errors and report to supervisor.
- Assist with packaging of parts and/or shipping, as needed.
- Participate in monthly, quarterly and annual inventory.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Less than one-year previous work-related skill, knowledge, or experience.
- Basic reading, writing and math skills required.
- Must be able to complete and pass required competencies after training and maintain acceptable levels upon annual reviews.
- Must regularly lift up to 50 pounds.
- Regularly required to walk, stand, reach and bend.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.