Job Title: Welder I
Purpose for the position:
Performs all types of MIG steel welding in all positions, Overhead, Horizontal, Uphill, and Downhill and MIG Aluminum Welding in Vertical and Downhill positions and also fitting throughout the department.
The employee holding this job must perform the work activities in a correct, accurate and timely fashion.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
Individual must posses knowledge, skills, and abilities or be able to demonstrate that the individual can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations, using some combinations of skills and abilities. Minimum knowledge, skills, and abilities for this position are:
- Ability to carry out not only simple but complex oral and written instructions and deal with problems from standardized situations and work experience.
- Ability to communicate well with supervisors, lead-man, and other co-workers.
- Ability to read blue prints and or drawings.
- Lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling and/or moving of 100 pounds and over, with frequent lifting and/or carrying odd shaped objects weighing up to 75 pounds, and up to 50 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Ability to comprehend additional training in relation to the performing of the work duties.
Most of the work tasks (90 %) are performed in-door and subjected to environmental and weather condition changes.
Hours: 8 to 10 hours per day.
Week: 40 to 50 hours per week, sometimes more.
Lunch: Half hour.
Sitting: 25% of the time in an awkward position – not in the normal sitting position, such as sitting on a chair.
Stands: 75 % of the time.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Apply at www.staff-force.com
- Select Branch55
- Call the office at 281-820-4400 for details
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 – $17.00 per hour
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Welding: 2 years (Preferred)
- Pipe Threading: 2 years (Preferred)