Welder – Combination
This person must be able to join metal parts, such as pipe or metal plates as specified by layout, blueprints, work orders, welding procedures or oral instructions through the application of heat or electric arc-welding equipment. Other duties may be assigned.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Uses spot welding gun or hand, electric, or gas welding equipment to weld or tack weld pieces together.
- Unites pipes from torch to tanks of oxygen and fuel gas and turns valves to release mixture.
- Reaching expected temperature, size, and color of flame by burning torch and adjusting flow of gas and air.
- Preheats work pieces for the preparation of welding or curving, using torch.
- Fills holes or corrects mistakes in lead pieces and makes bulges thin and curves in metal work pieces.
- Checks the weakness of work pieces and measures work pieces with straightedge or template to ensure the piece meets specifications.
- Climbs up ladders or works on scaffolds to take apart textures.
- Gives signal to crane operator to lift large work pieces.
- Uses thermal-cutting equipment such as flame-cutting torch or plasma-arc equipment to dismount metal assemblies or cut scrap metal.
- Uses hoist, crane, wire and banding machine, or hand tools to place and protect work pieces.
- In order to protect the torch chooses place of weld based on type, thickness, area, and expected temperature of metal.
- Instructs and brings flame or electrodes on or across work piece to straighten, curve, dissolve, or develop metal.
- Joins pieces together, covers up taut points, and adds metal to develop parts.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications Required for this Position:
Education – no minimum education requirements.
Experience – 3-5 years of Journeyman level experience.
Austin (“The Company”) is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy prohibits discrimination against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, military status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also the Company’s policy to comply with all federal, state and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)